Womble Albright posted an update 4 months, 1 week ago
Without a doubt. My Andy Warhol poster favorites would be the weird ones. Well, not weird around unusual. The soup cans and endless Marilyn variations are interesting–and they’ve got visit denote a complete era. I’m more interested, however, in Warhol as a possible evolving, experimenting introspective artist.
Furthermore, i like to have conversation pieces adorning my walls. And from the moment I had been attending college, my Andy Warhol poster collection has done better at starting conversations than every other art that we have displayed.
Here are my top 5 Andy Warhol poster picks–with a hyperlink in the bottom in order to read the images themselves.
1. Self Portrait with Skull. In the final years, Warhol became more morbid and introspective. This photographic self-portrait reminds me a bit of Hamlet. Except older and stranger. (Is it possible to be stranger than Hamlet? Um, I believe Warhol may just are already. Inside a smart way, naturally.)
2. Experiments with Androgyny. You can dismiss or laugh at pictures of men dressed as women. The truth is, I laughed this Andy Warhol poster series off at first. Come on, Andy. You aren’t all of that pretty. In Warhol’s case, much was simply regarding the experimentation. What would this look like? What might it’s like to represent an alter ego? Memorably. Warhol’s self-portraits in drag may not be the very best selections for general apartment decor, however are worth a look–just for that originality factor.
3. Warhol’s Dracula Movie Poster. No Andy Warhol poster collection is done without one or more memorable movie poster. With all the whole vampire movie trend taking place currently, you will get fun as a little subversive. Edward and Bella? Produce an escape. Warhol knew dealing with the entire vampire thing with drama, boldness, eroticism, and (obviously) a great healthy dose of campiness.
4. The Querelle Movie Poster. This one is edgier, and it’s only available from the gray color variation on the inexpensive poster sites. But nevertheless, if you’d prefer to generate your invited guests look–and take a look again, look into the Querelle Andy Warhol poster.
5. Saving money Cat. This is accessible in poster form as one little bit of the 25 Cats Andy Warhol print. It’s unusual given it almost resembles an Eric Carle illustration. (You realize…abdominal muscles Hungry Caterpillar author.) It offers a sweetness about this (uncharacteristic of Warhol), plus it pops off the white background. You can put this just about anywhere–whether a child’s room or over your preferred reading chair.
These are merely a number of the great, off-the-beaten-path Andy Warhol poster options available. Warhol was an unusually prolific artist. The quicker a part of his career examined celebrity and culture, as well as the latter part of his career involved experimentation with film, photography, Rorschach ink blots, Polaroid images, and self-portraiture.
For more details about Andy Warhol view our new web page: